Find cheap flights to San Francisco
Good to know
|Average price:||₹ 80,949|
|Good deal:||₹ 36,416|
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to San Francisco
- Looking for cheap airfare to San Francisco? 25% of our users found return tickets to San Francisco for the following prices or less: From New Delhi Indira Gandhi Intl ₹ 62,407, from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji ₹ 62,883, from Bengaluru Intl ₹ 77,266
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to San Francisco is October.
- Flights to San Francisco from the main airports in India will land at San Francisco International Airport, which is situated approximately 12 miles (almost 20kms) outside the city centre and is the main airport for international flights into San Francisco. There are no direct flights from India to San Francisco, with most carriers making at least one stopover, so you may wish to choose an airline that stops somewhere you'd like to visit.
- Travellers who are stressed about flying and who love dogs can seek out members of San Francisco International Airport’s ‘Wag Brigade’. This Brigade consists of dogs that are part of the San Francisco Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and who, with their handlers, stroll through the terminals to bring calm and happiness to those afraid of flying. The animals, selected for their temperament and suitability for airports, have vests with the words “Pet Me!” written on them so that you can identify them easily.
- For passengers with layovers of four hours or more after flights to San Francisco, why not venture out into San Francisco and the Peninsula Bay area. This is easily done on public transport – if you take the BART train from the airport to, for example, Montgomery Street Station, you will be able to visit Chinatown, the historic heart of San Francisco, and Northbeach, with its Italian influence, which boasts a variety of jazz clubs, galleries, restaurants and ice-cream shops. The journey time for this excursion is 30 minutes one way and you can buy tickets at the airport train station.
- If you need to escape the noise of the terminal and retreat to do some reflection, meditation or prayer, seek out the Berman Reflection room in the main hall of the international terminal at San Francisco Airport. Here you can spend some time in quiet contemplation before embarking on the next leg of your journey.
- Travelling with children? San Francisco International Airport has a wide range of activities to entertain them in between flights. There are play areas in T2 and T3, or why not visit the Aviation Museum and Library, which is free of charge and consists of exhibitions that tell the story of the history of air transport and the development of commercial flight. For those who love aviation (children and adults alike) – this is a good place to spend some time.
FAQs - booking San Francisco flights
How long is the flight to San Francisco?
|Flights from New Delhi||16h 00m|
What is the cheapest flight to San Francisco?
The cheapest airline ticket to San Francisco from India in the last 72 hours was ₹ 53,094 return on the route New Delhi to San Francisco. The most popular route is Mumbai to San Francisco and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was ₹ 59,523 return.
Which airlines fly to San Francisco?
In general from India, Air India and United Airlines fly the most to San Francisco.
How far is San Francisco airport from central San Francisco?
San Francisco Airport is 19 kilometres from the centre of San Francisco. View on map.
What is the name of San Francisco’s airport?
San Francisco is served by San Francisco Airport, also commonly referred to as San Francisco, San Francisco Intl. The airport code is SFO.
Is it possible to hire a car at San Francisco International Airport?
There are a number of reputable car hire companies at San Francisco International Airport that are handily located in one central location. Book your car online in advance and when you land, take the AirTrain Blue Line from the airport terminals to the Rental Car Center, where you can collect your car.
Which hotels are there near San Francisco International Airport?
The Westin San Francisco Airport is only a mile (1.6kms) from the airport and offers a free airport transfer. A slightly less expensive option is the La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West, which is almost 2 miles (3.2kms) from San Francisco International Airport and also offers a free shuttle service for airport transfers.
Are there showers at San Francisco International Airport?
There are private shower rooms pre-security in the international terminal near Gate G for travellers to freshen up after flights to San Francisco. If you don’t have soap and shampoo, don’t worry, it is possible to buy travel-sized bath and toiletry products when you pay for the use of the shower.
Are there car parking facilities at San Francisco International Airport?
There are car parks located at every terminal, which are either charged hourly or are long-term stay. You can use either cash or credit card to pay the fee and this is done when you are leaving the parking space after arriving on flights to San Francisco.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap San Francisco Plane Tickets(Return)
Pros: Crews were great. Seats space could be better ... overall caring & attentiveness of crew members make a lot of difference.
Cons: Food! 40 years ago Singapore Airlines was second to none in my book! Now I feel like I was away somewhere and Singapore Airlines has changed dramatically....Must be a lot of moving pieces have changed that I was wondering again during my journey whether I was really flying Singapore Airlines...
Flights to San Francisco
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.