Find cheap flights to San Francisco
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (2% less expensive on average)|
|January||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|₹ 1,124||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
|₹ 862||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to San Francisco
- Looking for cheap airfare to San Francisco? 25% of our users found return tickets to San Francisco for the following prices or less: From New Delhi Indira Gandhi Intl ₹ 64,278, from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji ₹ 68,336, from Bengaluru Intl ₹ 69,596
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to San Francisco is March.
- Flights to San Francisco from the main airports in India will land at San Francisco International Airport, which is situated approximately 12 miles (almost 20kms) outside the city centre and is the main airport for international flights into San Francisco. There are no direct flights from India to San Francisco, with most carriers making at least one stopover, so you may wish to choose an airline that stops somewhere you'd like to visit.
- Travellers who are stressed about flying and who love dogs can seek out members of San Francisco International Airport’s ‘Wag Brigade’. This Brigade consists of dogs that are part of the San Francisco Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and who, with their handlers, stroll through the terminals to bring calm and happiness to those afraid of flying. The animals, selected for their temperament and suitability for airports, have vests with the words “Pet Me!” written on them so that you can identify them easily.
- For passengers with layovers of four hours or more after flights to San Francisco, why not venture out into San Francisco and the Peninsula Bay area. This is easily done on public transport – if you take the BART train from the airport to, for example, Montgomery Street Station, you will be able to visit Chinatown, the historic heart of San Francisco, and Northbeach, with its Italian influence, which boasts a variety of jazz clubs, galleries, restaurants and ice-cream shops. The journey time for this excursion is 30 minutes one way and you can buy tickets at the airport train station.
- If you need to escape the noise of the terminal and retreat to do some reflection, meditation or prayer, seek out the Berman Reflection room in the main hall of the international terminal at San Francisco Airport. Here you can spend some time in quiet contemplation before embarking on the next leg of your journey.
- Travelling with children? San Francisco International Airport has a wide range of activities to entertain them in between flights. There are play areas in T2 and T3, or why not visit the Aviation Museum and Library, which is free of charge and consists of exhibitions that tell the story of the history of air transport and the development of commercial flight. For those who love aviation (children and adults alike) – this is a good place to spend some time.
FAQs - booking San Francisco flights
What is the cheapest flight to San Francisco?
Which airlines fly to San Francisco?
How far is San Francisco airport from central San Francisco?
What is the name of San Francisco’s airport?
Is it possible to hire a car at San Francisco International Airport?
Which hotels are there near San Francisco International Airport?
Are there showers at San Francisco International Airport?
Are there car parking facilities at San Francisco International Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to San Francisco
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap San Francisco Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap San Francisco Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to San Francisco
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.