Find cheap flights to Mumbai
Good to know
|Average price:||₹ 4,156|
|Good deal:||₹ 3,330|
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Mumbai
- Looking for cheap airfare to Mumbai? 25% of our users found return tickets to Mumbai for the following prices or less: From Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi Intl ₹ 3,330, from Bengaluru Intl ₹ 3,568, from New Delhi Indira Gandhi Intl ₹ 4,203
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly to Mumbai is September.
- Domestic flights to Mumbai are operated by a number of low-cost airlines, such as IndiGo, Jet Airways, Hahn Air Systems and Vistara. Flights into Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport could land at either T1 or T2 depending on the airline and the origin of the flight, so it is important to check which terminal you will be arriving at before you fly.
- For passengers with young children on flights to Mumbai, you will be pleased to know that in T2 you can find a play area run by a pre-school. This area is great for children between the ages of two and twelve and is designed as an adventure safari. There are also books for children who want to read and there are trained staff in attendance to look after the young travellers while they play.
- Travellers who need a quiet moment of contemplation away from the activity of the airport and the city can retreat to one of the multi-faith prayer rooms that are located in T2, both at international departures, before and after security, and domestic departures.
- For business travellers who need to do some work before leaving the airport, you might consider going over to the Regus Express hub located in the arrivals hall at T2. It is possible to just drop in at this workspace without having to make a reservation in advance. The business hub is well-equipped with co-working spaces, meeting rooms, private workspaces and video conferencing facilities as well as a place to shower and a café.
- If you are only in Mumbai for a short while and would like to explore without your luggage, Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport has a left luggage/cloakroom facility available in all terminals. Rates vary depending on the size of the bag (whether it is cabin or check-in) and the length of time stored – rates increase in 6 hourly increments.
FAQs - booking Mumbai flights
How long is the flight to Mumbai?
|Flights from Chennai||2h 05m|
|Flights from Hyderabad||1h 34m|
|Flights from New Delhi||2h 08m|
|Flights from Ahmedabad||1h 13m|
|Flights from Bengaluru||1h 50m|
What is the cheapest flight to Mumbai?
The cheapest airline ticket to Mumbai from India in the last 72 hours was ₹ 3,154 return on the route Bengaluru to Mumbai. The most popular route is New Delhi to Mumbai and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was ₹ 5,708 return.
Which airlines fly to Mumbai?
In general from India, IndiGo, Vistara and SpiceJet fly the most to Mumbai. The most popular route is from New Delhi, and IndiGo, Vistara & Air India fly this route the most.
How far is Mumbai airport from central Mumbai?
Mumbai Airport is 15 kilometres from the centre of Mumbai. View on map.
What is the name of Mumbai’s airport?
Mumbai is served by Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport, also commonly referred to as Chhatrapati Shivaji, Sahar Intl, or simply Mumbai Airport. The airport code is BOM.
Is there an onsite hotel at Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport?
The Niranta Airport Transit Hotel is located at T2 and can be used by passengers who are departing from both T1 and T2. This hotel offers packages with hourly rates, so you don’t have to feel you are wasting money if you can only be there for a few hours to sleep.
Is there free Wi-Fi at Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport?
The airport offers free wifi throughout the airport. Select the #Tatadocomo network and open a browser to access the login page. Once you have completed the details, you will receive a message with a password (you will need to have a local number). Alternatively, you can get a Wi-Fi voucher from the information desk.
Are there smoking areas at Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport?
There are fully enclosed smoking lounges and rooms in both the arrivals and departures areas of the terminal buildings at the airport. Smokers will be able to use these rooms both before and after security. Smoking is not permitted in anywhere other than the designated areas in the airport.
What is the easiest way to get into Mumbai from the airport?
The simplest way to get into Mumbai is to take a prepaid taxi directly to your hotel from the airport. There are two taxi companies that serve the airport – Black & Yellow Cabs and Cool Cabs, and you can purchase prepaid taxi counters in the domestic arrivals area.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Mumbai Plane Tickets(Return)
Cons: Cramped seating. No recline Ended up with sore leg after only 01:10 flight. Security at PNY ludicrous. They tie your luggage with plastic ties. Once at the hotel you need scissors or a knife to open it, and guess what, because of security, your sharp objects are inside the luggage! I understand that it creates jobs, but frankly I cannot see the added value of this procedure in terms of security... On the light side, there is a very formal notice listing people excluded from security procedures, including the President, [...] former prime ministers and their spouses (!), and .... the Dalai Lama!
Pros: Never received a change of flight schedule Flight was changed to 3hrs earlier Missed by 15 minutes.t
Cons: I hope we get a refund of our newly booked flight Cost $250 cnd. Noordamadrian@gmail.com Adrian noordam t
Cons: The flight was already delayed by 2 hours than its scheduled time despite that there was an additional delay of 60 mins and the reasons provided by the ground staff were absurd, none of the Cabin crew members are courteous, they seem to be frowning or in a mourning as if lost some one
Flights to Mumbai
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.