Find cheap flights to Washington
Book Cheap Washington Plane Tickets(Return)
Pros: Loads of leg room compared with other flights (I'm 6' and my knees are usually embedded in the seat in front, but not this time!
Cons: USB socket on the entertainment on both flight out and return was broken.
Good to know
|Average price:||₹ 63,428|
|Good deal:||₹ 51,923|
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Washington
- Looking for cheap airfare to Washington? 25% of our users found return tickets to Washington for the following prices or less: From Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi Intl ₹ 56,648, from New Delhi Indira Gandhi Intl ₹ 61,403, from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji ₹ 64,431
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July, August and September. The cheapest month to fly to Washington is March.
- When planning flights to Washington, you will notice that there are three airports near the city: Ronald Reagan Washington Airport (DCA), Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) and Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI). The majority of international flights operate from Washington Dulles International Airport, but there is a possibility that you will arrive and depart from different airports, so make sure to double check that detail.
- Washing Dulles International Airport is quite family friendly, so those who are travelling with kids do not have be nervous about their transit through the airport. To occupy your energetic children, take them to the FunWay play area, which features many interactive games and big toys to climb on. For nursing mothers, there are 8 nursing rooms located throughout the airport.
- Those who find themselves at Ronald Reagan Washington Airport should take a stroll through the airport building to see art exhibitions on display in the terminal buildings. Afterwards, you can put your feet up on the terrace and enjoy the views from the top.
- Sports enthusiasts who have some time to spare while at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport should go to the Roam Fitness gym to stretch their muscles and get some activity. It is possible to book a pass to the gym in advance and it includes a shower, toiletries and exercise gear.
- Need a few minutes to yourself after your flight to Washington? Washington Dulles Airport and Ronald Reagan Washington Airport feature Interfaith Chapels that provide travellers with peaceful space 24/7 and literature in a number of languages.
FAQs - booking Washington flights
How long is the flight to Washington?
What is the cheapest flight to Washington?
The cheapest airline ticket to Washington from India in the last 72 hours was ₹ 54,114 return on the route Mumbai to Washington. The most popular route is New Delhi to Washington and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was ₹ 54,488 return.
Which airlines fly to Washington?
In general from India, Air India flies the most to Washington. The most popular route is from New Delhi, and Air India flies this route the most.
Which Washington airport is closest to central Washington?
Washington is served by 2 major airports. Reagan Washington National Airport (6 kilometres) is the closest to the centre of Washington and Washington Dulles Airport is 36 kilometres away from the centre. View on map.
Can I withdraw and exchange money at Washington Airport?
Yes, all three of the Washington airports provide cash machines and ICE Currency Exchange counters in the terminal buildings, so if you are short on cash or want to exchange money after your flight to Washington, it is not an issue.
How can I get to the city centre from Washington Dulles International Airport?
To get to the city centre, you can hop on the Express Bus, which will take you to the Metrorail Station near the city centre. From there, you can change the right metro line to get you to your destination. The Silver Line Express Bus runs every 15 minutes and costs $5 (about ₹ 360). If you are not a fan of public transport, then you can either use Washington Flyer Taxis, which are available 24/7, or book a hotel that offers airport transfers.
Is there a hotel at Baltimore/Washington Airport?
If you are in transit or have a late flight to Washington and don’t want to make the trip to the city centre at night, there are a few hotels that you can reach within a few minutes, for example Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport and Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport.
Are there facilities for animals at Washington Dulles International Airport?
People who are travelling with their four-legged companions will be able to find Pet Relief Areas, both before and after security at Washington Dulles International Airport. These areas are located both inside and outside of the terminal building.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Flights to Washington
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.