Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Washington
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 13,306|
|Average price (weekend night):||₹ 12,638|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Washington cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Washington hotel
- When looking for a hotel near the White House, consider the DC downtown neighbourhood. Here you will also be close to the Washington Monument, the Library of Congress and the various Smithsonian Museums.
- For a 5-star break in the capital city, check out Georgetown, a historic neighbourhood a short bus ride away from Washington’s main attractions. Here you will find luxurious hotels like the Four Seasons Hotel Washington DC and the Rosewood Washington DC.
- If you’re looking for a hotel near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, take a look at the Crystal City area, which will also put you in close proximity to the Pentagon.
- Two good options near Reagan Airport include The Westin Crystal City, near the Crystal City metro station, and the Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Pentagon City.
- Despite being the capital of the United States of America, Washington DC is actually quite small and well connected by its metro system. When travelling on a budget, look outside the I-495 ring road.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South offers good deals in Alexandria to the south, or Best Western Capital Beltway to the west is rated as a good business hotel. Both are about a 20 minute drive into the city.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Washington
Where to stay in Washington?
Hotels near Union Station have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Union Station?
Travellers who like staying near Union Station recommend Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill, Liaison Washington Capitol Hill, and Washington Court Hotel.
What neighbourhoods in Washington DC are good for families?
For the best family hotels, check out the downtown area of DC. This area is great for families as it features a wide array of accommodations, which are surrounded by the capital’s main attractions, such as the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and the Smithsonian Zoological Park. With its rooftop pool, Kimpton Donovan Hotel is an excellent option.
What hotels in Washington DC offer especially good views?
The Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, with its rooftop terrace and pool offers great views of the surrounding area. Its downtown location near Dupont Circle puts the hotel in excellent proximity to the city’s main attractions. Closer to the White House, the W Washington DC also has spectacular views of iconic sites like the Washington Monument.
What neighbourhood in Washington DC is good for nightlife?
Just north of Downtown DC, you will find the Adams Morgan neighbourhood. Along 18th Street NW, there is a large selection of good bars and restaurants, including the Columbia Station jazz club and Smoke & Barrel, which specialises in barbecue. For accommodation nearby, check out the Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row or The Line Hotel DC, located inside a historic church.
Are there hotels in Washington DC with free parking?
There are a few hotels in the city centre that offer free parking, such as Motel 6 Washington DC - Convention Center, but these are rare. As an alternative, look in outlying neighbourhoods like Arlington, Virginia, where Comfort Inn Ballston offers free parking at a convenient location near Route 66, which leads directly into Downtown DC.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.