Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Darjeeling
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 6,174|
|Average price (weekend night):||₹ 4,941|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Darjeeling cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Darjeeling hotel
- If you want to be in a lively area surrounded by plenty of shops, bars and restaurants, select hotels near the Chowrasta square, also called The Mall. Windamere Hotel is a well-known 4-star property situated in the very heart of this area. However, if you prefer a more budget-friendly option, Dekeling Hotel is a 2-star hotel primarily for couples and only a 4-minute walk from the square.
- Hopping on the “Toy Train” and enjoying a slow ride through the hilly terrain of Himalayas is one of the most popular activities for tourists in Darjeeling. Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is a World Heritage Site that is a real treat for history or railway enthusiasts. The 3-star Udaan Hotel Zambala Retreat is within a 2-minute walk from the Darjeeling Railway Station on Hill Cart Road and offers mountain views.
- If you are a tea lover, visit Happy Valley Tea Estate, where you can take a guided tour, have a stroll in the tea gardens and observe how the famous Darjeeling tea is produced. You can reach that place in 10 minutes from Krishna Residency, a 3-star property not far from the centre.
- Those who are seeking adventures or like to climb, stop by the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute to learn the history of mountaineering or to attend a course. The Himalayan Mountaineering Institute was opened to endorse mountaineering and includes the Everest Museum, which displays rich collections from various expeditions. Hotel Orchid Residency is an affordable option only 4 minutes from the Institute and 6 minutes from Chowrasta.
- If you are travelling with kids, consider staying near Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park that is located in the northern part of the town. The zoo in Darjeeling is famous for its efforts to save endangered Himalayan species, such as red pandas and snow leopards. Little Singamari Homestay is a great family accommodation next to the zoo and away from the bustle of the city centre.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Darjeeling
Where to stay in Darjeeling?
Hotels near Chowrasta have the most searches on KAYAK.
How much does a hotel cost in Darjeeling?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Darjeeling for as cheap as ₹ 469 in the last 3 days. The average price is ₹ 4,269.
Which hotel in Darjeeling is near Peace Pagoda?
Peace Pagoda is a structure built to unite people and promote peace, and is situated on a hill less than 2 kilometres from the city centre. Hill Crown Retreat is an affordable accommodation just a 10-minute walk from the Pagoda, and you can reach the Darjeeling Railway Station in 8 minutes as well.
Which hotels in Darjeeling are close to the Mahakal Temple?
The Mahakal Temple is a colorful temple that represents a mixture of Hindu and Buddhist cultures that is situated on the hill near the centre. Mayfair Darjeeling hotel is 5 minutes from there and less than 10 minutes from Chowrasta. The hotel provides various facilities such as a spa, fitness centre and swimming pools.
What are good hotels in Darjeeling near Himalayan Tibet Museum?
Himalayan Tibet Museum is located about 15 minutes from the centre and offers a rich display of Tibetan culture and history. You can walk to the museum in 1 minute from Sinclairs Darjeeling, a family-friendly, 3-star property with a free parking available. Jai Hotels is a 4-star alternative within a 5-minute walk from the museum, also offering a spa and fitness centre for its guests.
What good hotels in Darjeeling are close to Observatory Hill?
Observatory Hill is within a short distance of Chowrasta square and Mahakal Temple, so if you wish to have an easy access to the viewpoint on the hill, select a hotel in the centre. Hotel Nirvana is just a few steps away and has a terrace with picturesque views.
Which hotel in Darjeeling is in close proximity to Shrubbery Nightingale Park?
Shrubbery Nightingale Park is about a 15-minute walk from the centre and used to be a private courtyard called “The Shrubbery”. R.J. Resorts is a 3-star property conveniently located between the park and the Mall, so getting to both places will take you only a few minutes.
How much is a hotel in Darjeeling for tonight?
In the last 3 hours, users have found Darjeeling hotels for tonight for as low as ₹ 469. Users have also found 3-star hotels from ₹ 558 and 4-star hotels from ₹ 1,444.Search here to find similar prices.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.