Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Dharamsala
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 1,386|
|Average price (weekend night):||₹ 1,924|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Dharamsala cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Dharamsala hotel
- McLeod Ganj, also referred to as Upper Dharamsala, is the best area to stay in if you want to see many attractions. Select the 3-star Hotel Akash located in the heart of McLeod Ganj and just 10 minutes from the Dalai Lama Temple, also referred to as Namgyal Monastery.
- If you want to be near the Tsuglagkhang Complex, pick New Varuni House, which is a good budget option for families and just a 3-minute walk away. Tsuglagkhang Complex consists of the Dalai Lama Temple and Tibet Museum, which is a good spot for those interested in history and culture. The complex is located on the Temple Road and was built in 1957, when the Dalai Lama visited India for first time.
- Those who want to admire nature and see the Bhagsu Waterfall should book Hotel Anand Palace, which is an affordable option with mountain views and is a 15-minute trek from the Bhagsu Falls. On the way to the Bhagsu Waterfall you can also visit the Bhagsu Nag Temple, which is dedicated to Shiva.
- Sport enthusiasts, in particular cricket fans, consider staying near Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium. Because of its unique location in the middle of the mountains, the HPCA Stadium offers picturesque mountain scenery that makes it a great spot to visit even if you are not a cricket enthusiast. Hotel Centre Point is located within a 10-minute walk of the stadium and is a 3-star hotel with an airport shuttle available.
- If you are looking for family options in Dharamsala, consider the Hotel Moon Walk Residency in Upper Dharamsala, which is about 15 minutes from the Dalai Lama Temple. The hotel offers babysitting services as well as an airport shuttle and car parking.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Dharamsala
Where to stay in Dharamsala?
Hotels near McLeod Ganj have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are good hotels in Dharamsala near War Memorial?
If you want to be within a few steps of the War Memorial, pick the 3-star Treebo GK Conifer Hotel. It is right beside the memorial and just 15 minutes from the HPCA stadium, and is recommended for couples in particular. War Memorial is located in the forest at the entry to Dharamsala and it represents bravery and sacrifice.
What hotel in Dharamsala is close to the St John’s Church?
You can reach St John’s Church in 5 minutes by car or within a 20-minute walk from Pride Surya Mountain Resort, which also has a fitness centre and an airport shuttle. St John’s Church is a neo-gothic church with stained-glass windows; it is situated in the middle of the forest and is one of the few buildings that survived an earthquake at the beginning of the 20th century.
Which hotels in Dharamsala have a good view?
Green Hotel is located in the heart of McLeod Ganj and offers rooms with balconies and mountain views, plus it also has a restaurant and is a good budget option for couples. An alternative that is more suitable for families is the 3-star Treebo Roshan House.
What are good spa hotels in Dharamsala?
If you are interested in spa hotels in Dharamsala, pick Spring Valley Resorts, a 3-star property located 3 minutes from the Bhagsu Nag Temple. Spring Valley Resorts has options for families and offers an airport shuttle. Pink house is another budget-friendly option just 15 minutes from The Dalai Lama Temple.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.