Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Shillong
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 2,376|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
How much does a hotel in Shillong cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Shillong hotel
- If you want to be near bars and restaurants such as the popular Trattoria that serves authentic Khasi dishes, choose the Police Bazar area downtown. Police Bazar is the main market area in Shillong where you can find many eateries and shop for souvenirs, local artwork or food. The 4-star Hotel Polo Towers is located in the busy area of the city close to Platinum bar, and it also has its own restaurant.
- Nature lovers who prefer to stay away from chaos and noise should stay close to the Ward’s Lake the middle of Shillong. Surrounded by trees and gardens, the Ward’s Lake is a good spot for a relaxing outing. It is also possible to boat on the lake or to visit a Botanical Garden next to the lake.
- Those interested in history and culture should visit the biggest museum of Indigenous Cultures in Asia, the Don Bosco Museum. Visitors of the museum can see an overview of the Northern India and many collections of regional handicrafts, costumes and photos. Tranquil Cottage is a budget accommodation just a 4-minute drive from the museum and a 10-minute drive from the city centre.
- Travellers who want to visit Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians, one of the biggest attractions in Shillong, pick Hotel Poinisuk, which is just 7 minutes away. Staying at this 3-star accommodation will also put you within a few steps of Café Shillong, one of the most popular eateries in the city. The Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians is one of the largest and oldest churches in that area, and it has impressive views from the top.
- If you are going to Shillong with your partner, consider a 3-star Hotel Aura that offers double rooms and is located within a few minutes of the vibrant Police Bazar, where you can enjoy the vibrant nightlife. Heritage Club - Tripura Castle is an alternative for couples who wish to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is a charming 4-star property that offers privacy, organises live music in the evenings and is surrounded by a lot of greenery.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Shillong
Where to stay in Shillong?
Hotels near Wards Lake have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Wards Lake?
Travellers who like staying near Wards Lake recommend Hotel Polo Towers Shillong.
How much does a hotel cost in Shillong?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Shillong for as cheap as ₹ 1,000 in the last 3 days. The average price is ₹ 2,213.
Which hotels in Shillong are near Lady Hydari Park?
Lady Hydari Park is located less than 2 kilometres from the centre of Shillong and consists of gardens, a small zoo, Forest Museum and playgrounds for children. The Pear Tree Hotel is an affordable option within a 3-minute walk to the park. It offers views of the mountains and is suitable for couples as well as families.
Which good hotels in Shillong are close to All Saints’ Cathedral?
All Saints’ Cathedral is a wooden church built by the British that is located opposite to the State Central Library in the centre of Shillong and within a 15-minute walk from Police Bazar. Best Holiday Inn is a budget accommodation only 7 minutes away from the church and close to Lady Hydari Park.
Which hotels in Shillong offer an airport shuttle service?
If you need an airport shuttle, select Living Roof Hotel, which is a good option for families situated near the city centre. An alternative is Woodland Hill Stay near Lady Hydari Park and 15 minutes from the centre. It features a restaurant, a terrace, rooms with a view and has options for families.
What are some good hotels in Shillong with free car parking?
Cafe Shillong Bed and Breakfast is a charming 2-star property that offers free parking and is located within a 10-minute walk to Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians. Another budget-friendly option is Kaizun Bed & Breakfast, which is just 10 minutes from Ward’s Lake and 7 minutes from All Saints’ Cathedral.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.