Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Shillong
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|September||Cheapest month to stay with an average 37% drop in price.|
|December||Most expensive month to stay with an average 158% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|₹ 4,260||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|₹ 3,322||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Shillong hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Shillong hotel
- If you want to be near bars and restaurants such as the popular Trattoria that serves authentic Khasi dishes, choose the Police Bazar area downtown. Police Bazar is the main market area in Shillong where you can find many eateries and shop for souvenirs, local artwork or food. The 4-star Hotel Polo Towers is located in the busy area of the city close to Platinum bar, and it also has its own restaurant.
- Nature lovers who prefer to stay away from chaos and noise should stay close to the Ward’s Lake the middle of Shillong. Surrounded by trees and gardens, the Ward’s Lake is a good spot for a relaxing outing. It is also possible to boat on the lake or to visit a Botanical Garden next to the lake.
- Those interested in history and culture should visit the biggest museum of Indigenous Cultures in Asia, the Don Bosco Museum. Visitors of the museum can see an overview of the Northern India and many collections of regional handicrafts, costumes and photos. Tranquil Cottage is a budget accommodation just a 4-minute drive from the museum and a 10-minute drive from the city centre.
- Travellers who want to visit Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians, one of the biggest attractions in Shillong, pick Hotel Poinisuk, which is just 7 minutes away. Staying at this 3-star accommodation will also put you within a few steps of Café Shillong, one of the most popular eateries in the city. The Cathedral of Mary Help of Christians is one of the largest and oldest churches in that area, and it has impressive views from the top.
- If you are going to Shillong with your partner, consider a 3-star Hotel Aura that offers double rooms and is located within a few minutes of the vibrant Police Bazar, where you can enjoy the vibrant nightlife. Heritage Club - Tripura Castle is an alternative for couples who wish to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is a charming 4-star property that offers privacy, organises live music in the evenings and is surrounded by a lot of greenery.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Shillong
Are hotels in Shillong safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Shillong?
Which hotels in Shillong are near Lady Hydari Park?
Which good hotels in Shillong are close to All Saints’ Cathedral?
Which hotels in Shillong offer an airport shuttle service?
What are some good hotels in Shillong with free car parking?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Shillong?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Shillong by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Shillong hotels
Go to map