Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Kodaikānāl
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 5,153|
|Average price (weekend night):||₹ 1,131|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Kodaikānāl cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Kodaikānāl hotel
- For visitors who are staying in the town of Kodaikānāl, one of the main attractions of this hilltop station is the Kodaikānāl Lake. The 5-star Carlton Hotel on the edge of the water is a good choice if you want to explore the surrounding area. The lake is located near the lush, green Pilani Hills Range. Another accommodation option close to the Kodaikānāl Lake is Treebo Abirami Residency. This affordable 3-star hotel is within walking distance of the lake.
- Interested in exploring some of the city’s impressive green spaces? Select a hotel near Byrant Park on the east of the lake. The park stretches over 20 acres and contains various species of trees, ferns and cacti. It also has a glasshouse that is home to an array of orchids and other exotic plants. The Greenlands Youth Hostel provides budget accommodation and is located on the edge of Byrant Park.
- For visitors who would like to visit a local museum during their stay in Kodaikanal, pick one of the hotels near the Sacred Heart Natural Science Museum, such as the 3-star Hotel Holiday Peak, which is within walking distance of the Museum. The Sacred Heart Natural Science Museum holds artefacts that have been collected over a period of 100 years and provides an informative guide of the history of the flora and fauna of the region.
- Coaker’s Walk is a narrow pathway that was cut into the side of the mountain in 1872. The mountain route is 1 kilometre long and, from this scenic trail, walkers will be able to see various sights around Kodaikānāl. The romantic Villa Retreat – Boutique Hotel and Cottages is a 1-minute walk from one end of Coaker’s Walk and, from here, you can take in the scenery of the surrounding mountains.
- If you are a keen hiker, then the affordable JC Residency is a good hotel to choose because it is situated close to a variety of points of interest such as the Kondaikānāl Lake, Bear Shola Falls and, a bit further afield, the Fairy Falls and Dolphin Nose landmarks. It is situated near the Kondai Hills. The hotel will help to organise hiking routes for you at an additional cost.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Kodaikānāl
Where to stay in Kodaikānāl?
Hotels near Kodaikanal Lake have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Kodaikanal Lake?
Travellers who like staying near Kodaikanal Lake recommend Kodai Resort Hotel, and Sterling Kodai Lake.
How much does a hotel cost in Kodaikānāl?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Kodaikānāl for as cheap as ₹ 773 in the last 3 days. The average price is ₹ 5,257.
Are there any hotels in Kondaikānāl with good nightlife?
The Hotel Kodai International is an affordable option that includes an option for nightlife, is located 1.5 kilometres away from Kondaikānāl Lake, has a games room, evening entertainment and a nightclub and DJ at the hotel. It also has a Kids’ Club to keep the children occupied.
Which hotels in Kondaikānāl have good views?
The 3-star Peak Resorts hotel is 2.5 kilometres away from the central Kondaikānāl bus stand and provides its guests with beautiful mountain views. It is close to Chettiar Park, which is a small, well-maintained park that is home to the famous Kurinji plants; these plants produce flowers once every twelve years. Pearwoods is another reasonable option in this area that also has mountain views from some of its rooms.
Which hotels in Kodaikanal organise tours of the surrounding sights?
The Hotel Jc Grand is a budget choice that is located close to sights such as Bear Shola Falls, Silver Cascade Falls and, a little further away, Pillar Rocks. The hotels will assist in the organisation of walking tours and horse riding tours (for additional fees) to some of these.
Which hotels in Kondaikānāl are close to the Kurinji Andavar Temple?
Le Poshe by Sparsa is situated in a tranquil setting just 1 kilometre away from the Kurinji Andavar Temple and 2.5 kilometres away from the Kondaikānāl Bus Station. Another option is the 2-star Park View Residency, which is slightly cheaper and only 200 metres away from the temple.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.