Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Madurai
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 2,708|
|Average price (weekend night):||₹ 774|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Madurai cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Madurai hotel
- Staying in the city centre will put you within easy reach of most of the famous temples in Madurai. The most popular temple to visit is the massive historic Meenakshi Amman Temple, which is said to be as old as the city itself and is world-renowned for its extraordinary architectural features, making it one of the main attractions in South India. Some mid-range hotel choices just 350 metres from the temple are the Hotel Nambi and the Treebo Simap Residency.
- If you are interested in the political history of India and the life of Gandhi in particular, choose a hotel near the Gandhi Memorial Museum, one of five museums dedicated to him, this one known for its rather macabre display of the blood-stained garments he was wearing when he was assassinated. The mid-range Star Residency is an 11-minute walk from the museum.
- India is renowned for its textiles and clothing, so, if you are interested in doing some shopping for brightly-coloured fabrics and hand-sewn garments, pick a hotel near Puthu Mandapam, a 16-century pillared hall crammed with tailors deftly working their sewing machines in their textile craft stalls. The Hotel Moskva is a 3-star choice just five minutes from the market.
- Are you an art and architecture lover? If so, consider booking a hotel near the enormous Tirumalai Nayak Palace, a sight to behold with its 25-metre-high dome, thick stuccoed columns and its hybrid of Dravidian and Islamic styles. A standard hotel in the vicinity of the palace is the MMR Gardens, while a budget option is the OYO 10792 Near Mattuthavani Bus Stand hotel.
- If you are a nature lover with an interest in geology and archaeology, a hotel in the vicinity of the Samanar Hills may appeal to you. There is a large lotus pond at the base of the hills, and a cave with ancient carvings to explore. Climb up the hill to find interesting Jain sculptures forming the backdrop of a birds-eye view over the city. The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai is a 4-star choice about 5 kilometres away.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Madurai
Where to stay in Madurai?
Hotels near Meenakshi Amman Temple have the most searches on KAYAK.
Which hotels in Madurai have fully-equipped business centres?
There are quite a few hotels in Madurai that cater to the busy business traveller or companies that want to rent a space for meetings and functions. Poppy’s Hotel is a centrally located 3-star choice with a fully equipped business centre and conference facilities. The Heritage Madurai is a 4-star option 15 kilometres from the airport, also with both conference facilities and a business centre.
What hotels in Madurai are near the bus station?
There are several hotels to choose from in the area surrounding the Periyar Bus Stand. The Madurai Residency is a mid-range choice within walking distance of the bus station that also has a rooftop restaurant. The Rani Mangammal Residencies is also a short walk away and offers budget accommodation.
Which hotels in Madurai offer free parking?
Parking in big busy cities like Madurai is often hard to come by and can cost a pretty penny. There are a few hotels that offer free onsite parking to their guests, such as the very centrally-located 3-star Fortune Pandiyan Hotel. Another central mid-range choice is the Hotel Sree Devi, which is located just 8 kilometres from the airport.
What are good hotels in Madurai near the train station?
There is a good selection of hotels around the Madurai Junction railway station. Some choices to consider are the 3-star Weshtern Park Hotel, which is located about 350 metres from the station, and the more budget-friendly Hotel Prem Nivas, which is 400 metres away.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.