Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Shimla
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|May||Cheapest month to stay with an average 37% drop in price.|
|April||Most expensive month to stay with an average 203% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|₹ 5,109||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|₹ 4,795||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Shimla hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Shimla hotel
- Shimla’s hub is centred around the pedestrianised area called The Mall. To stay near here, book a room at Clarke’s Hotel, which is right on Mall Road. It was built over a 100 years ago and is one of the city’s oldest hotels. Rooms and suites offer free Wi-Fi, tea and coffee-making facilities and satellite TV. Upgraded suites have views of Shimla Valley. The hotel is a short walk from key attractions such as Gaiety Theatre, Gorton and Rothney Castles and key churches and historical buildings.
- For five-star luxury, opt for a stay at The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, a heritage hotel set on a hill a 10-minute drive from The Mall and the railway station. The hotel has a heated indoor pool and a full-service spa, and rooms all feature free Wi-Fi, teak wood floors and TVs with DVD players. There are 3 on-site restaurants and a children’s activity centre. It’s an 8-minute drive to the Viceregal Lodge & Botanical Gardens of Shimla, a major local attraction.
- If you’re on the lookout for hotels in Shimla close to the train station, choose the Harmony Purple Mall Road Hotel, which is only 1 kilometre away. Its 28 rooms come with free Wi-Fi and tea and coffee-making facilities, and some rooms even have mountainside views. There’s a restaurant within the hotel and a travel desk to help guests make any arrangements as well.
- For travellers seeking a quiet retreat and mountain scenery, one option is The Zion – an Amritara Resort, which is a 20-minute drive from central Shimla or 3 kilometres from the railway station. The spacious rooms here include free tea and coffee-making facilities and LCD TVs. It also has an on-site restaurant and a kids’ play area too.
- If you’d like a hotel in Shimla with free parking, Hotel Grace is a good option. This family-run budget hotel is a 15-minute walk from Mall Road and 2 kilometres from the railway station, and its rooms have impressive mountain views and free Wi-Fi.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Shimla
Are hotels in Shimla safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What are the best hotels near Shimla Mall?
How much does a hotel cost in Shimla?
Which hotels in Shimla have an airport pickup?
Which hotels in Shimla are best for families?
Which hotels in Shimla have good on-site restaurants?
Are there any hotels in Shimla with business facilities?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Shimla?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Shimla by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Shimla hotels
Go to map