Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Kathmandu
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|February||Cheapest month to stay with an average 56% drop in price.|
|March||Most expensive month to stay with an average 117% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|₹ 2,959||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|₹ 3,467||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Kathmandu hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Kathmandu hotel
- If it’s your first time visiting Kathmandu, you might choose to stay near the old city, Durbar Square, which comprises temples, royal palaces and many monuments. World Heritage Hotel & Apartments - Dwarika Chhen is a popular family-run 3-star hotel a 5-minute walk from Durbar Square. Guests like the hospitality, the traditional style of the building and the large rooms. Bedrooms all have fans, free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs.
- If you want to be in the hustle and bustle of things, a convenient sightseeing location is the area of Thamel. Fairfield by Marriott is a 3-star hotel with modern rooms with all the facilities you need, including free Wi-Fi, a restaurant and a fitness centre. It’s set in a quiet lane adjacent to the local markets, the Garden of Dreams, and includes amenities like restaurants, bars and supermarkets.
- For travellers seeking a luxury resort in Kathmandu, the Hyatt Regency Kathmandu is a prime choice. Set in 37 acres of landscaped gardens, this 5-star resort offers rest and relaxation with a large outdoor swimming pool, a spa, two dining options and a couple of bars. The hotel is set on the route to the holy Tibetan Buddhist shrine of Boudhanath Stupa, merely a 5-minute walk away. There’s an on-site travel desk to assist with trips and tours. It’s 6 km from the city centre and 4 km from Tribhuvan international Airport.
- For foodies, the Nepalese restaurant 1 Krishnarpan at The Dwarika’s Hotel serves superb 6 to 22 course meals in the traditional Nepalese style. There’s also an intimate Japanese restaurant, Mako’s, and Toran, which offers Nepalese and world cuisine. The 5-star hotel’s amenities include a pool, a yoga and fitness centre, a shop selling traditional items, and a business centre. Wi-Fi is free throughout.
- Looking for budget hotels in Kathmandu? Try Hotel Ganesh Himal, which is a 5-minute walk from the historic area of Durbar Square and offers free parking and Wi-Fi. Guests like the hotel’s location and garden and its tour desk which can help arrange local visits.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Kathmandu
Are hotels in Kathmandu safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Kathmandu?
How much does a hotel cost in Kathmandu?
Which hotels in Kathmandu offer free pickups from the airport?
Are there any hotels in Kathmandu that are boutique hotels?
Do any hotels in Kathmandu come with a hot tub and sauna?
What are the best hotels in Kathmandu for families?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Kathmandu?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Kathmandu by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Kathmandu hotels
Go to map