Find cheap flights to Athens
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (6% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|₹ 700||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
|₹ 479||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Athens
- Looking for cheap airfare to Athens? 25% of our users found return tickets to Athens for the following prices or less: From New Delhi Indira Gandhi Intl ₹ 38,113, from Bengaluru Intl ₹ 44,379, from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji ₹ 46,475
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be May, June and July. The cheapest month to fly to Athens is March.
- Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH), or Athens Airport, lies about 30 kilometres outside of the Greek capital. Its main terminal building has two halls: Hall A services flights to non-Schengen and non-European countries, while Hall B handles traffic from intra-Schengen countries and domestic flights and is the hub for the national carrier, Aegean Airlines.
- International visitors on flights to Athens will be pleased to know that ONExchange operates four exchange counters at Athens Airport where you can conduct foreign exchange transactions, Western Union cash transfers and VAT refunds, while Alpha Bank operates a full-service banking office landside of the arrivals hall and there are several ATMs available if you prefer.
- Booking a flight to Athens? If so, you may consider downloading the app for Athens Airport, which not only gives an A-Z of the airport’s services and latest flight information, you can also receive exclusive online offers on special sales, shopping and dining to enhance your airport experience in the Greek capital city.
- If you are a business traveller attending a conference at METROPOLITAN EXPO, you will be pleased to know that there is a complimentary shuttle bus service that will transport you from the Main Terminal Building (arrivals level) directly to the Exhibition and Conference Centre, which has a fully equipped business centre and two restaurants.
- Hungry travellers at Athens Airport can savour the Greek gyros at Eat Greek or the delicious Greek pastries at Gregorys, both of which are in the Departures Lounge of the Main Terminal. If you prefer, you can find Le Grand Comptoir and Negroni in the food court in the public access area of the main terminal.
FAQs - booking Athens flights
What is the cheapest flight to Athens?
How far is Athens airport from central Athens?
What is the name of Athens’s airport?
What facilities are available for families with children at Athens Airport?
Are there any onsite hotels at Athens Airport?
What retail choices are there at Athens Airport?
How do I get to Panathenaic Stadium from Athens Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Athens Eleftherios V.
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Athens Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Athens Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Athens
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.