BOM - MAA
Find cheap flights from Mumbai to Chennai
Good to know
|Average price:||₹ 3,931|
|Good deal:||₹ 3,796|
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Mumbai to Chennai
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for ₹ 3,796 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Mumbai to Chennai was found, on average, 27 days before departure.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be April, May and June. The cheapest month to fly is March.
- Morning departure is around 16% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- If you have work to finish before your flight from Mumbai to Chennai, you can enjoy the free Wi-Fi available throughout the terminals of Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Airport. To access the Wi-Fi, you will need a local phone number. Otherwise, you can visit the airport information desk for assistance or to purchase premium Wi-Fi access.
- Those travelling with kids can find a colourful play area equipped with a playground, books and toys in Terminal 2 of Mumbai Airport. You can also find child care rooms with facilities for changing or feeding in the level 3 retail area, near Gate 42 in Terminal 2, or by Gate 28 in Terminal 1. If you need a baby pushchair, you can ask at the airport information desk near the check-in area.
- If you would enjoy staying in a passenger lounge before your flight from Mumbai to Chennai, you can find the Loyalty Lounge at Level 3 of Terminal 2. Here you can enjoy the buffet, unlimited hot drinks, magazines and newspapers in a number of languages, comfortable seats and even spa facilities.
- The fastest mode of travel through Mumbai and to the airport is by using the Mumbai Suburban Railway Network. However, it is important to note that there is no train station at the airport itself. Depending on which terminal you are flying out of, you will want to stop at the Ville Parle (East), 15 minutes’ walk from Terminal 1, or Andheri (East), about 25 minutes’ walk from Terminal 2.
- Those who have time to relax before their flight from Mumbai to Chennai can enjoy a spa treatment or a quick back massage at the Heaven on Earth Express Spa, with locations at Terminal 1 and 2.
FAQs for booking Mumbai to Chennai flights
Book cheap flights from Mumbai to Chennai (return)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.