Find cheap flights to Vārānasi
Good to know
|Average price:||₹ 9,166|
|Good deal:||₹ 4,764|
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Vārānasi
- Looking for cheap airfare to Vārānasi? 25% of our users found return tickets to Vārānasi for the following prices or less: From New Delhi Indira Gandhi Intl ₹ 4,764, from Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji ₹ 7,669, from Bengaluru Intl ₹ 7,746
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be September, October and November. The cheapest month to fly to Vārānasi is September.
- Varanasi Airport, also known as Lal Bahadur Shastri, is one of the main airports in northern India and a popular destination for those heading to Uttar Pradesh. People who have booked flights to Varanasi should know that Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport is very small and moving around it on foot is easy, even if you are travelling with a lot of heavy baggage. For those who have many big suitcases, there are also free trolleys available in front of the building.
- Travellers who have late flights to Varanasi or are in transit and want to have a few hours of good sleep can book a room at KJ International Hotel. Located a few minutes from the terminal building, the hotel does not provide an airport shuttle so you will need to take a taxi to get there.
- If you have some time to spare until your flight from Varanasi Airport, you can go to the T R Stall at the airport and pick out some reading material to help the time pass faster. You can also enjoy a meal at the airport restaurant or snack bar.
- If you need some help related to the airport or would like to get some useful advice on your vacation, head to the Tourist Info Counter in the arrivals area of the airport. The staff at the counter will answer all your questions and give you helpful information about the area.
- In case of emergency, or if you are feeling sick after your flight to Varanasi, there is a free first aid facility where you will be able to get medical help.
FAQs - booking Vārānasi flights
How long is the flight to Vārānasi?
|Flights from Hyderabad||2h 02m|
|Flights from Bengaluru||2h 27m|
|Flights from New Delhi||1h 50m|
|Flights from Ahmedabad||2h 02m|
What is the cheapest flight to Vārānasi?
The cheapest airline ticket to Vārānasi from India in the last 72 hours was ₹ 4,940 return on the route Ahmedabad to Vārānasi. The most popular route is Mumbai to Vārānasi and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was ₹ 7,373 return.
Which airlines fly to Vārānasi?
In general from India, IndiGo, SpiceJet and GoAir fly the most to Vārānasi. The most popular route is from Mumbai, and SpiceJet, IndiGo & GoAir fly this route the most.
How far is Vārānasi airport from central Vārānasi?
Vārānasi Airport is 19 kilometres from the centre of Vārānasi. View on map.
What is the name of Vārānasi’s airport?
Vārānasi is served by Varanasi Airport, also commonly referred to as Varanasi, or simply Vārānasi Airport. The airport code is VNS.
How can I get to the city centre from the airport in Varanasi?
To get to the city centre opt for a pre-paid taxi from the airport, which you can order at the pre-paid taxi stand outside the terminal building. For those who do not have a lot of baggage with them, it might be a good idea to get an auto rickshaw, which are widely available at the airport. If you are looking for a budget-friendly option, there is a city bus that stops about a ten-minute walk from the airport grounds. Additionally, make sure to check if your hotel offers a shuttle service, as this might be the most convenient option for you.
Are there any shops at the airport in Varanasi?
Yes, if you forgot to pack something for your stay you will be able to find some basic shops selling travel essentials, cosmetics, reading materials, snacks and convenience products. There is also a gift shop with local products if you would like to buy yourself a souvenir on the way back.
Does the airport in Varanasi provide services for families with babies?
New parents who are travelling with little babies can rest assured that there is a child care room available at the airport in Varanasi, so taking care of your child’s basic needs will not pose a problem.
Are there car rental companies at the airport in Varanasi?
Yes, you will not have any issues with renting a car at the airport and this is a good way to move around the state. There are a few local car rental companies present at Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport; you can contact them before your flight to Varanasi to pre-book the car and make all the necessary arrangements.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Vārānasi Plane Tickets(Return)
Pros: Their aircraft are brand new and ground staffs are cooperative.
Cons: GoAir schedule changes in a blink. Scheduled 1:05 pm then delayed to 3:0 pm then rescheduled 1:30 then again 2:05 pm. It’s total madness. Almost missed the flight.
Pros: It was an instrument of torture with so little leg room, I thought it was a joke at first. This, like other scummy budget airlines ram as many rows of seats in as possible, to make more more money. Pure greed scumbags; another airline on the no fly list for me.
Cons: STOP RAMMING THE AIRCRAFT WITH AS MANY ROWS AS POSSIBLE. It’s torture for anyone without midget legs. DO NOT fly with SpiceJet if you have the nerve to have been born tall. It should be illegal
Cons: The website does not describe baggage allowance clearly as compared to other airlines. It lists “excess baggage weight” but not the 15kg limit. The choice of 15kg as the limit is a BIG problem for international travelers who may be coming for longer stays. Air India has a much friendlier policy for checked and carryon baggage and I would choose it by far. We were charged for every kilo even though prepay options online were not user friendly. 4 thumbs down, way down.
Cons: Check-In in Bangalore was a long tedious process. Boarding process was alright. Onboard service was at par with indigo and go-air. Luggage came out late at Pune airport. This experience was good enough to never fly spice jet again.
Flights to Vārānasi
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.