Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Vārānasi
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|July||Cheapest month to stay with an average 33% drop in price.|
|February||Most expensive month to stay with an average 939% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|₹ 3,559||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|₹ 3,618||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Vārānasi hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Vārānasi hotel
- If it’s your first time in Varanasi, select a hotel overlooking the River Ganges, close to key historic sites and temples. For a unique experience, try a room at the Brijrama Palace, a few minutes’ walk away from one of the most sacred embankments leading down to the Ganges, Dasaswamedh Ghat.
- For travellers who prefer a luxury resort away from the hustle and bustle of the centre, opt for the Taj Nadesar Palace, a five-star hotel set in a historical palace. It’s a 20-minute drive from the centre of Varanasi and is surrounded by vast gardens with an outdoor pool. Rooms all have four-poster beds, marble bathrooms with bathtubs, flat-screen TVs and DVD players.
- If you’d like an oasis of tranquillity in central Varanasi, choose Suryauday Haveli – An Amritara Resort, a boutique hotel which has 14 cosy rooms and suites, some of which have river views. It’s located at Shivala Ghat, a ten-minute walk from Dasaswamedh and Assi Ghat. A continental buffet breakfast is included, free evening boat rides for evening prayers are offered, and there is live music daily. Guests particularly appreciate this hotel’s attentive service.
- For budget travellers, look no further than Hotel Alka, a three-star hotel with a large central courtyard and balcony. The hotel has a wide choice of rooms, from basic to premium, and many have good views. There’s an on-site vegetarian restaurant, a souvenir shop and an ayurvedic spa offering a range of massages and beauty treatments.
- For hotels in Varanasi close to Varanasi Junction Railway Station, book a room at The Gateway Hotel Ganges, which is 1.5 kilometres from the station. Guests can choose between rooms and suites, and there’s a business centre, fitness room, spa and an outdoor pool contained within the hotel. Dining and drinking options include two restaurants and a bar.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Vārānasi
Are hotels in Vārānasi safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Vārānasi?
What are the best hotels near Kashi Vishwanath Temple?
Are there any business hotels in Varanasi?
Which hotels in Varanasi are best for families?
Are there any hotels in Varanasi with disabled access?
Which hotels in Varanasi are closest to the airport?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Vārānasi?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Vārānasi by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Vārānasi hotels
Go to map