Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Southampton
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 8,193|
|Average price (weekend night):||₹ 7,463|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Southampton cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Southampton hotel
- If you're planning your first trip to Southampton, you should consider staying downtown. There are several downtown hotels in Southampton, such as the 4-star Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel, the oldest in the city, which still retains many original features. Key attractions such as SeaCity Museum, Tudor House & Garden and Southampton City Art Gallery are all within walking distance.
- If you prefer a boutique hotel, The Pig - in the wall is a great central option. It features 12 shabby-chic bedrooms and an on-site deli as well as only being a 15-minute walk from Southampton Central train station.
- For a luxury stay in Southampton, opt for a room at Ennio’s Boutique Hotel. It has ten uniquely decorated bedrooms and an on-site Italian restaurant. Set in a converted warehouse, the hotel is a 3-minute walk from the ferry terminal and a 15-minute walk from the city centre.
- Travellers with early morning flights may be looking to stay near the airport. A good option is the reasonably-priced Highfield House Hotel, which offers free Wi-Fi and parking. It’s an 8-minute drive from the airport and close to Southampton Common. Another choice is Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel. Set in 12 acres of landscaped gardens, the Edwardian building offers tranquility close to the airport, which is a 12-minute drive away.
- If you're traveling with your family or children, the centrally-located Novotel Southampton may be a good option with its adjoining rooms, cribs, and children's’ menu. Moreover, its heated indoor pool and video games in the lobby will help keep the kids entertained.
- For travellers on their way to or from a cruise, a hotel set near the ferry terminal is ideal. The Premier Inn Southampton West Quay is a well-situated 3-star hotel and is only a 4-minute drive or 10-minute walk from the port. Comfortable, modern rooms with air conditioning, free Wi-Fi and power showers await guests. Family rooms are available and guests highlight its convenient location and value for money.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Southampton
Where to stay in Southampton?
Hotels near Southampton City Centre have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Southampton City Centre?
Travellers who like staying near Southampton City Centre recommend Leonardo Royal Southampton Grand Harbour, Southampton Harbour Hotel, and Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel.
How much does a hotel cost in Southampton?
KAYAK users have found double rooms in Southampton for as cheap as ₹ 1,218 in the last 3 days. The average price is ₹ 9,542.
What are the best budget hotels in Southampton?
For travellers looking for a low-cost place to stay, there are several hotels in Southampton to choose from. Ibis Budget Southampton Central has light and modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. It’s a 4-minute walk from the train station as well as being close to shops and the medieval city walls. Days Inn Southampton Rownhams has free Wi-Fi and free parking as well as on-site restaurants. It’s close to Southampton Docks and just off the M27 motorway, giving quick access to the city centre and airport.
Do any hotels in Southampton have features for disabled guest?
There are a several hotels in Southampton suitable for disabled guests. The centrally-located Travelodge Southampton has wheelchair accessible rooms, plus free parking for blue badge holders. Additionally, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Southampton has multiple facilities including accessible rooms and elevators, an induction loop system and braille menus.
Are there any spa hotels in Southampton?
There are a number of spa hotels in Southampton. The luxurious Southampton Harbour Hotel is located in Ocean Village and has superb waterfront views. Its spa offers a hot tub, sauna and pool, plus a variety of massages and beauty treatments. Hilton at the Ageas Bowl is adjacent to a cricket ground in the eastern part of the city and its impressive spa features steam rooms, a sauna, a hydrotherapy pool, heated stone loungers, massages and relaxation therapies.
Are they any hotels in Southampton suitable for business travellers?
If you’re looking for hotels in Southampton with business facilities, Jurys Inn Southampton is a good option. The hotel has 9 meeting rooms of various sizes, as well as a room that can accommodate up to 120 people. If need be, the meetings team can assist with the organisation of events. The hotel is in the heart of the city and only a 15-minute walk from the railway station.
How much is a hotel in Southampton for tonight?
In the last 3 hours, users have found Southampton hotels for tonight for as low as ₹ 5,150. Users have also found 3-star hotels from ₹ 5,150 and 4-star hotels from ₹ 6,087.Search here to find similar prices.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.