Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Salzburg
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 7,052|
|Average price (weekend night):||₹ 8,599|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Salzburg cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Salzburg hotel
- You’ll likely fly into Salzburg Airport for your getaway to the city. The airport is only a 14-minute drive from the heart of the city, so some tourists opt to stay in this part of town. Several hotels are less than a mile from the airport. So grab your luggage and take a quick walk to Hotel Himmelreich and Hotel Salzburg to relax and get some rest. AirportHotel Salzburg also has a shuttle that will take travelers to and from the airport.
- Located in the Northern Alps, many Salzburg hotels like Seehotel Gruener Baum and Seevilla Freiberg have or provide easy access to ski shuttles. Hop aboard these buses for transportation to Flachau and other nearby ski resorts.
- Catch the train to the salt mines (just a 45-minute ride) or King’s Lake (only an hour away). The train is also a convenient way to get around the city. For convenience, it might be smart to stay close to Central Station. Some hotels within walking distance of the train include Imlauer Hotel Pitter and Der Salzburger Hof.
- If you prefer to stay at an all-inclusive Salzburg hotel, you’ll have a few options on your visit to Salzburg. At Gut Wenghof, along with your room, you’ll receive meals, beverages and amenities like a swimming pool, outdoor tennis court and kids’ club with fun activities.
- Wake up to beautiful views of the Salzburg River when you stay at the Hotel Stein or Hotel Sacher Salzburg. Get a better look at the river from the rooftop terrace at Hotel Stein. Hotel Sacher also offers suites with river views and marble baths.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Salzburg
Where to stay in Salzburg?
Hotels near Salzburg Hauptbahnhof have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Salzburg Hauptbahnhof?
Travellers who like staying near Salzburg Hauptbahnhof recommend H+ Hotel Salzburg, Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Centre, and A&O Salzburg Hauptbahnhof.
What hotels are closest to the Gondula Station?
Alpina Family Spa & Sport Hotel will put you steps from the gondola station. When lodging at these hotels, you won’t have to spend time traveling but can get right to the slopes for a fun day of skiing.
What historical hotels are in Salzburg?
Enjoy the majestic architecture of Austria at the Hotel Schloss Leopoldskron. Rich in history and culture, this hotel was part of the Sound of Music movie. Its design features include ornate ceilings, chandelier lighting, vintage rugs and stone yard sculptures.
Are there any 5-star hotels in Salzburg?
Being a popular tourist destination for winter sports enthusiasts, Salzburg provides world-class luxury for its most elite guests at its 5—star hotels. Hotel Schloss Monchstein, Hotel Salzburgerhof and the Sheraton Grand Salzburg offer the finest accommodations and posh amenities like a spa, infinity-edge pool, skyline views and marble bathrooms.
What are the best budget-friendly hotels in Salzburg?
If you’re on a budget and traveling to Salzburg, you can still stay in the center of town. Stay at the Meininger Hotel and Snooze Hotel and you’ll be close to popular restaurants, bars and historical landmarks such as the Red Bull Hangar and Schloss Arenberg Art Gallery.
What hotels are in Salzburg’s Old Town?
Get a feel for historic Austria by staying at a hotel in Salzburg Old Town. This area of the city is home to Hohensalzburg Fortress, Getreidegasse shopping plaza and the childhood residence of Mozart. Hotels in Old Town include the Radisson Blu, Hotel Bristol Salzburg and Boutique Hotel am dom.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.