Big Bear Lake hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Big Bear Lake
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 10,559|
|Average price (weekend night):||₹ 12,760|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Big Bear Lake cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Big Bear Lake hotel
- If you’re looking for a hotel with a view, stick to the hotels on the edge of the lake area. Because the ski resort is south of the lake, many of the hotel options are south of the lake as well. Hotels like Marina Resort and the Fireside Lodge offer stunning vistas right outside your window.
- Hotels in Big Bear Lake are surrounded by stunning mountains. For those seeking adventure, most of the hotels, cabins and vacation homes that are close to mountains are North, South and West of Big Bear Lake. There are mountain cottages and cabins to the east, but they’re a little further from the village and the airport.
- Many travelers come to Big Bear Lake for the popular Snow Summit Ski Resort. Many of the larger hotels in the area offer shuttles to Snow Summit, and there are several small lodges and cottages nearby, but the closest hotel is the Best Western Big Bear Chateau hotel.
- Big Bear Lake’s high seasons are in the summer and winter because of the lake and the town’s resident ski resort. If you don’t mind being further from town, you can avoid the crowds and get a better deal by checking out hotels located on the North and West sides of the lake.
- Traveling in a large group? There is a long list of options in the area that can ensure you and your party have comfortable accommodation for your stay. Pine Knot Ranch and several other accommodation options provide large vacation homes and cabins to accommodate up to 12 people.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Big Bear Lake
What is the closest hotel to Magic Mountain?
If you’re anticipating spending a lot of time skiing, sledding or snowboarding down Magic Mountain, there are several hotel choices in the immediate area. Great nearby hotel choices include Bear Creek Resort and Big Bear Frontier. Both of these hotels are less than half a mile away from Magic Mountain.
Are there any four-star hotels in Big Bear Lake?
For a more luxurious Big Bear experience, there are a handful of four star hotels in the area, though options are scarce and often booked far in advance of the high season. A popular four-star hotel in the area for a more health-centric getaway is The Ascend Resort at Big Bear Village.
What is the closest hotel to the convention center?
For travelers that are in town on business, there are several hotels near the convention center in the Rebel Ridge area just south of the convention center. The closest accommodation options are the Motel 6 and Cathy’s Cottages, but the closest large hotel is the Best Western Big Bear Chateau, which is 2 miles away.
What are the best hotels for families in Big Bear Lake?
There are several cabins and vacation homes in the Big Bear Lake area where kids can stoke the fire, play by the lake and learn to ski at one of the most popular ski resorts in California. Popular options include the Golden Bear Cottages Resort, which features a playground area.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.