Good to know
|Value for money||7.2|
|Distance to city centre||3.6 km|
|"Very helpful and friendly staff."||(in 34 reviews)|
|"AMAZING FREE BREAKFAST ."||(in 36 reviews)|
|"The workers are great people"||(in 15 reviews)|
|"I din't receive any refound from the hostel in my credit card."||(in 6 reviews)|
|"I booked a private room and there were bedbugs there biting me."||(in 2 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|anderson||in 3 reviews|
|bed bugs||in 6 reviews|
|breakfast was good||in 60 reviews|
|distance from the nearest||in 4 reviews|
|fan on would turn||in 2 reviews|
|good location||in 8 reviews|
|late in the night||in 4 reviews|
|nearest metro station||in 16 reviews|
|nice pool||in 37 reviews|
|refound||in 6 reviews|
|room living||in 24 reviews|
|room temperature||in 10 reviews|
|room was large||in 4 reviews|
|staff is friendly||in 55 reviews|
|tall people||in 34 reviews|
|wifi is too slow||in 6 reviews|
There was a nice cat, and the woman i think was the manager (named Laney?) was very polite and welcoming
The employee named Stephan was rude, cleaning was not up to a good standard. Front desk not ever properly manned during our stay. My roommate and i had to help two separate customers on two separate nights get in contact with whom i can only assume was the owner (a tall bald gentle man). He was polite, but guests should never have to seek out help from other guests when it comes to something as simple as checking in.
Everything about the Anderson Estates was amazing! Definitely staying there everytime we're in LA! Staff was the bomb!
Mr. Anderson was very accommodating, such as when we asked to change rooms and for an earlier breakfast time. There's a cute stray cat on the property.
1. Check-in: The check-in process ws slow. We were taken to a different room than we'd reserved with little explanation. Mr. Anderson tried to charge us for the cleaning fee again even though we'd already paid for it on the site. I had to dig out this information to show him. We ended up missing some of the activities we had planning for the day because of mishaps like these. 2. Breakfast: Breakfast is from 9-10am, which is late for those trying to get an early start for their day. We were given 3 frozen waffles, 3 frozen hashbrowns, and fruit for each person. Considering that part of the reason we'd chosen this place was the free breakfast, this was *extremely* disappointing. The cook didn't seem to realize that there were vegetarians there as she prepared a sausage scramble. 3. Pest: On our last night we found at least 10 large spiders in our room. We were offered a new room to move into after we complained. Within a couple of days after we left, we noticed bed bug bites in several places on our bodies (wrists, ankles, stomach, back, and neck). We were shocked and scared by this and were worried about spreading it to other places. 4. Noise: One night the house next door threw a very loud party until late at night. This wasn't the hostel's fault, but you'd think that since it's located in a suburban neighborhood with not much else to do, that it would be quiet at night. Overall: We had a bad stay and will never come here again. We wish we'd read the reviews more thoroughly beforehand so we could have avoided the bed bugs! We realized it's worth paying more for a better place.
The staff were super kind and helpful! Mr Anderson himself help us a lot. The breakfast was great. We never had a problem. I strongly recommend this place!
Nobody went to the room to take out the garbage or clean the room up.
Not even suitable for a rating. The carpets were so dirty we couldn’t take our shoes off! The owner promised a room change then went into hiding and ignored my messages. Do yourself a favour and book somewhere else
A stay at The Anderson Estates places you in the heart of Los Angeles, within a 5-minute drive of University of Southern California and Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Los Angeles? This hostel has 300 square feet (28 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and a meeting room. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 259 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at The Anderson Estates
Where is The Anderson Estates located?
The Anderson Estates is located at 1932 Rochester Circle in South Los Angeles, 3.6 km from the centre of Los Angeles. Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is the closest landmark to The Anderson Estates.
When is check-in time and check-out time at The Anderson Estates?
Check-in time is 16:00 and check-out time is 10:00 at The Anderson Estates.
Does The Anderson Estates offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, The Anderson Estates offers free Wi-Fi.
Does The Anderson Estates offer free parking?
No, The Anderson Estates does not offer free parking.
Does The Anderson Estates offer free airport shuttle service?
No, The Anderson Estates does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is The Anderson Estates from the airport?
The Anderson Estates is 11 km from Hawthorne. The Anderson Estates is 12.3 km from Los Angeles.
Can you bring pets to The Anderson Estates?
No, pets are not allowed at The Anderson Estates.
Does The Anderson Estates have a pool?
Yes, The Anderson Estates has a pool on-site.
Most popular landmarks
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County 2.5 km
- California Science Center 2.7 km
- STAPLES Center 5 km
- La Brea Tar Pits 6 km
- Petersen Automotive Museum 6.3 km
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art 6.3 km
About the neighbourhood
South Los Angeles is known for: nautical heritage, ports, aquariummore
Los Angeles travel guide
Learn about Los Angeles on KAYAK
|Los Angeles||12.3 km|
|Los Angeles-Union||8.2 km|
|Inglewood Westchester, California||8.7 km|