Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Gainesville
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 7,276|
|Average price (weekend night):||₹ 8,997|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Gainesville cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Gainesville hotel
- Gainesville is a college town in northern Florida, and because of it, much of the city is dominated by the University of Florida campus. Many hotels in Gainesville are located nearby, like Hilton University of Florida Conference Center, Holiday Inn Gainesville, and AC Hotel By Marriott.
- Gainesville is surrounded by incredible natural landscapes, and it boasts several parks. Consisting of more than 125 acres of wetlands and ponds, Sweetwater Wetlands Park is a hub for bird-watchers and overall nature-lovers, with its boardwalk trails and ranger-led tours. There are a few accommodation options along SW 13th Street, about 1-2 miles away from the park, including Gator Town Inn, Budget Inn, and Wyndham Garden Gainesville.
- Downtown is a great place to be located as you are near all the major shopping places and can roam around the great Union Street Farmer’s Market, which takes place every Wednesday, during the day, or go see a movie at Hippodrome State Theatre at night. There you have a few lodging options, like the more affordable Gainesville Lodge, or the more high-end Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown.
- The city offers a great variety of museums and art galleries, with some of the biggest attractions being the Florida Museum of Natural History, with its Butterfly Rainforest, and the Harn Museum of Art, which displays a great collection of African and Asian works. They are both very close to each other on Hull Road, with both the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville and Aloft Gainesville University Area being within walking distance.
- Nature lovers traveling on a budget are in luck in Gainesville. One of the most affordable areas in the city is actually near both Clear Lake Nature Park and Split Rock Conservation Area. Accommodation options there include a Baymont by Wyndham, a La Quinta Inn, and a Quality Inn.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Gainesville
What are the closest hotels to Interstate 75?
Many travelers are road-tripping along the I-75 and are just looking for a place to spend a night or two. There is a high concentration of hotels in Gainesville that are right off the highway yet still close to the city center, including affordable options like Hom Hotel And Suites, Red Roof Plus, and Extended Stay America.
What are the most popular areas for nightlife?
The best nightlife in town takes place in the Downtown area, along University Ave, Main Street, and a few of the perpendicular streets. University Club is a popular gay night club, while Rockeys Dueling Piano Bar is a good option for a relaxing night with live music. Sweetwater Branch Inn, Hampton Inn and Suites, and Gainesville Lodge are the closest to the bustling area.
What are the best business hotels?
The best business hotels in Gainesville are the Hilton University Hotel Conference Center and Hotel Indigo Gainesville-Celebration Pointe, with both offering a 24-hour business center, free parking, a pool, and a fitness center.
What are the closest hotels to Gainesville Regional Airport?
The closest hotels to Gainesville’s airport are Traveler’s Inn (great for budget travelers) and Hampton Inn and Suites. Closer to town, hotels like Sweetwater Branch Inn and Holiday Inn also have an airport shuttle service.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.