Seattle car hire information
Reviews and directory for self drive car rentals in Seattle
Self drive car rental locations in Seattle
Good to know
|Most popular agency||Economy Rent a Car|
|Most popular car type||Economy|
|Average price||₹ 6,659/day|
|Good deal||₹ 6,537/day|
When to book a hire car in Seattle
Top tips for renting a car in Seattle
- Ready to rent a car on your trip to Seattle? Save time and avoid public transport by renting a car that will give you the complete freedom to explore this exciting West Coast city. As it’s flanked by water and is home to mountains, the Cascade and Olympic, as well as lush forests and parkland, Seattle’s unique location and great roads offer its visitors outstanding scenic views as soon as you jump in your car.
- A good place to pick up your rental car is at the Seattle–Tacoma International Airport. If you’re flying into Seattle, the city center is only a 13-mile drive away. Once you land, finding the car rental office is a breeze. You can use the 24-hour shuttle buses or head to the passenger pick-up areas in the main terminal located outside baggage claim at the north or south ends.
- As a new driver in the city, you need to be aware of Seattle’s often busy and one-way streets. If you’re driving on residential streets, keep your eyes on the road as they often two lanes often merge into one. It’s also good to keep in mind that pedestrians will expect you to stop for them at crosswalks. Fortunately, local drivers tend to be considerate; but, as this is a busy city, you may have to navigate a few tricky situations including narrow streets, hills, and rainy weather.
- If you’re not in a rush to discover Seattle, you won’t be affected by the slow traffic that can build on some of the busier streets, particularly in the metropolitan areas. The best time to avoid driving around Seattle is later in the week, especially on Fridays. Rush hour can also hit on busier weekend afternoons. Thankfully, Seattle has a few traffic cameras dotted around its roads, helping you keep an eye on the freeway and other congested intersections.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Seattle for ₹ 6,537 or less
- Book your rental car in Seattle at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about hiring a car in Seattle
How much does it cost to hire a car in Seattle?
On average a hire car in Seattle costs ₹ 6,659 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Seattle?
Economy (Hyundai Accent or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Seattle.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Seattle?
What is the best rental car company in Seattle?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Seattle/Tacoma Intl Airport (SEA)?
The only car hire company onsite at Seattle/Tacoma Intl Airport is Sixt.
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Seattle/Tacoma Intl Airport (SEA)?
What is the cheapest car hire location in Seattle?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at Thrifty 3150 S 160th Street 98188 (17 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Seattle?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Seattle?
A Economy car rental in Seattle costs ₹ 2,481 per day, on average.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Seattle?
A Compact car rental in Seattle costs ₹ 3,015 per day, on average.
How much does a Premium car rental cost in Seattle?
A Premium car rental in Seattle costs ₹ 10,784 per day, on average.
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Seattle?
On average a rental car in Seattle costs ₹ 42,928 per week (₹ 6,133 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Seattle?
On average a rental car in Seattle costs ₹ 183,979 per month (₹ 6,133 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Seattle?
If you want to whizz around “Jet City” in the comfort of your own rental car, then you need to understand that a smaller vehicle is ideal for navigating the narrow streets. Seattle’s hills and small side streets also mean that a subcompact car would be the best option for driving and parking in the city.
What's the speed limit in Seattle?
When you take to the roads in your rental car, you need to make a note of the strict speed limits in place around Seattle. The speed limit on residential streets is 20 mph, with an increase to 25 mph on arterial roads. You will find many signposts warning you of the limits in place and advising you to slow down. If you are driving close to an elementary school, you can expect to go through speed cameras, allowing them to strictly enforce the 20-mph speed limit.
How are gas prices in Seattle?
Washington State has pretty high gas prices compared with the rest of the United States. On average, you can anticipate paying around $3.35 for a gallon of regular gas in Seattle. As a tourist to Seattle, it’s good to know that you will be expected to pay for your gas first, then fill up. Most fuel pumps accept credit cards as well as cash, so you can fill up with ease.
Where are the best places to park in Seattle?
When it comes to parking in Seattle, be prepared to pay. Seattle has a wide range of parking options, from parking lots to street parking. If you want to visit Pioneer Square or Central Waterfront, a good idea is to park downtown on a Sunday, as parking is free on the street. On weekdays after 18:00 there are also discounted parking rates around the city. One thing to remember when you are parking your rental car is to carry cash, as credit card machines are quite rare.