Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Rishīkesh
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||₹ 4,944|
|Average price (weekend night):||₹ 2,573|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Rishīkesh cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Rishīkesh hotel
- Rishikesh is a place of spirituality and meditation and is often referred to as the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’. Every year the Parmarth Niketan ashram holds the International Yoga Festival, attracting yogis from all over the world. For those looking for accommodation close to the ashram, the Green View by One Hotel is a good option, as it is only a 5-minute walk away.
- Along the Ganges is The Beatles ashram, made famous by the English rock band. Here, they studied meditation and had their most productive songwriting period. Those making the pilgrimage might want to consider staying somewhere close by, such as the Hotel Nirvana Palace. A 10-minute walk down the river is also the Maharishi Mahesh ashram, an abandoned ashram practically absorbed by the surrounding forest.
- While Rishikesh is most famous for yoga and relaxing massages, it is also a popular place for adventure. Its location against the Ganges makes it a good place to go whitewater rafting, bungee jumping, paragliding, kayaking or hot air ballooning. Located just outside of the city, a hotel in the Shivpuri region such as the Bull’s Retreat is another great location for those looking for a bit of excitement.
- If you want a location close to good dining options, somewhere like the Narayana Resort and Spa will put you close to civilisation. From here you will also be in a good location to partake in another popular pastime in Rishikesh – café hopping. The food culture in Rishikesh is surprisingly varied with plenty of budget-friendly cafes such as the Pure Soul Café or Café Karma, just 5 minutes away.
- Triveni Ghat is a holy site located at the confluence of the three rivers. Here you can experience the vibrant Hindu culture by attending Ganga Aarti ritual. The area around Triveni Ghat is not only full of ashrams and religious sites, but it is also close to the picturesque Rajaji National Park. Not only is the EllBee Ganga View close to the Triveni Ghat, but it also has a good view of the river.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Rishīkesh
Where to stay in Rishīkesh?
Hotels near Lakshman Jhula have the most searches on KAYAK.
What are the best hotels near Lakshman Jhula?
Travellers who like staying near Lakshman Jhula recommend Rishikesh Sadan A Yoga & Spritual Retreat, and Bhandari Swiss Cottage.
Which hotels in Rishikesh are great for those on a budget?
Rishikesh is a good destination for those travelling on a budget, with its many affordable restaurants and accommodation options. The Raj Resort and the Zoster Rishikesh are both good hotels located close to the popular lookout bridge, the Laxman Jhula.
What hotels in Rishikesh offer yoga classes?
With the practice of yoga so prevalent in the culture of Rishikesh, you don’t need to go to a 5-star resort in order to find somewhere that offers yoga. The riverside hotel Ganga Kinare offers a range of different classes and is located not far from Triveni Ghat. The Dewa Retreat is another good option if you are looking somewhere towards the north of the city closer to the adventure.
What hotels in Rishikesh offer a Ayurvedic Massage?
The Ayurvedic Massage is a practice based in Indian alternative medicine. It is a very popular technique in Rishikesh and is great for relaxing after an afternoon of whitewater rafting down the Ganges. The award winning 5-star resort hotel, Ananda in the Himalayas, offers a wide range of massage and spa packages including Ayurvedic massage. The 3-star Divine Resort Laxman Jhula is another good option.
What hotels in Rishikesh are close to the major tourist hotspots?
As there are many attractions all over the city, you might want to stay close to the tourist part of town in order to see a bit of everything. The Hotel Anandam and Hotel Ganesha Inn are both good choices within the centre city, where you will be about a 30-minute drive from the adventure tourism in Shivpuri and from the Beatles Ashram in the opposite direction.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.