Puerto Rico car rentals
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for car rental deals in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico car rental information
|Pick-up location||Puerto Rico|
Reviews and directory for self drive car rentals in Puerto Rico
|Monday||08:00 - 14:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 14:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 14:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 14:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 14:00|
Car rental locations in or near Puerto Rico
When to book a rental car in Puerto Rico
Top tips for renting a car in Puerto Rico
- It is highly recommended that visitors of Puerto Rico rent a vehicle during their time on the island. First off, having a rental vehicle makes getting from Gran Canaria Airport to Puerto Rico - a drive of 47 kilometers (29 miles) - an absolute breeze. Second and most importantly, renting your own vehicle is much cheaper than paying for tour buses to take you across the island everytime you want to head out of town to sites such as the Caldera de Los Marteles (56 kilometers or 36 miles away).
- Visitors arriving at Gran Canaria Airport who wish to pick up a rental car after landing will find the rental car counters located in the airport’s Arrivals Terminal.
- Due to it being a resort town, Puerto Rico has numerous pedestrians on its streets. It is very common to see jaywalkers, particularly during the afternoon and evening hours, in the busier parts of town. Visitors should make sure to drive carefully and be cautious of any would-be jaywalkers.
- Though most of the traffic in Puerto Rico is made up of holidaying pedestrians, there is the occasional rush hour traffic during the peak hours of the week. The usual morning rush hour lasts from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., while the afternoon rush hour starts up at around 4:00 p.m. and finishes up by around 6:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. In terms of roads to avoid during rush hour, GC-500 is one of the main culprits that drivers should avoid during peak hours.
- Book your rental car in Puerto Rico at least 3 days before your trip in order to get a below-average price
FAQs about renting a car in Puerto Rico
How can I find car rentals near me in Puerto Rico?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
What type of car is recommended for driving in Puerto Rico?
Vehicles such as sedans, coupes, compacts, and even convertibles are all highly recommended to visitors looking to rent a car during their time in Puerto Rico. This is because many of the city streets are relatively narrow, and this also applies to many of the roads throughout the rest of the island as well. Parking is also something to take into consideration in the city; many of the on-street parking spots are on the smaller side and large vehicles may struggle to fit in them.
What's the speed limit in Puerto Rico?
Drivers will see speed limits ranging from 30 to 50 km/h (17 to 31 mph) on urban streets and in built-up areas of Puerto Rico. Outside of the city proper, the speed limit goes up to 100 km/h (62 mph) on rural roads, while on highways the speed limit is set to 120 km/h (75 mph).
How are gas prices in Puerto Rico?
A liter of gas is an average of about €0.95 ($1.08), which comes out to roughly €3.60 ($4.10) per gallon.
Where are the best places to park in Puerto Rico?
For the most part, the best parking option is simply at local businesses and hotels. Most of the restaurants, businesses, and hotels in the city will have their own parking for guests and clients. Aside from such options, streetside parking is by far the most common alternative used by locals and visitors alike.